Despite shutting down on March 31, Tech Nation still continues accepting new visa applications. Moreover, they have recently updated the Tech Nation Visa Guide. Here are the most important takeaways:
- "You have to provide at least 2 unique documents showing you are recognised as either a leading talent or potential talent" = You need to submit at least 2 unique evidence pieces to support Mandatory Criteria.
- "You have to provide at least 4 unique documents showing you have any 2 of the other necessary skills" = You need to submit at least 4 unique documents for your chosen Optional Criteria. In practice, this means submitting 2 unique documents for each of your chosen Optional Criteria.
- "You cannot use the same piece of evidence for more than one criteria." This is super important. Make sure each document you submit is only mapped to one criteria.
- "The use of Artificial Intelligence and/or language processing tools (e.g. ChatGPT) within your application is not acceptable (e.g. Letters of Reference, Personal Statement, Criteria Evidence, etc.)." To me this seems obvious, but given that this was added to the guide, too many people went yolo with ChatGPT and probably felt very clever 🤡🤡🤡
- "Exceptional promise applicants are likely to have less than 5 years of experience in technology, but can have had a longer career in another type of work." This is just a clarification for candidates who might be later in their career, but still qualify for Promise if they made the switch to tech within the last five years.
Was this useful? Are you planning to apply for the visa now or are you waiting for the new endorsing body to take over? Let me know in the comments.